Tuesday 20 August 2019

In my footsteps

Muli shani! Greetings from Mindolo, Zambia!
Click here to read the entire post and watch my Blair Witch Zambia video.

Come with me for a walk from my front door to the chapel of the United Church of Zambia University.
This is my home, the right hand side.  The deep trough in front of the house will serve as a moat when the torrential rains come.  You can see where the stone walkway crosses the trough.
That's where I am standing as I take the second photo, with the stone walk stretching out in front of me.

The compound wall rises to the left, as I step outside.  Two white rose bushes stand beside my verandah.  Those are banana trees at the end of the stone path.

Here's a video of half of my 2-minute walk to the road with the sounds of early morning birds and roosters. It's a bit reminiscent of the Blair Witch Project, and those are my flip flops providing the steady clicking sound.
My neighbour's home includes a poultry room, housing the rooster you hear as I pass.  Once at the road, I turn right and there on my left is the Chapel, gleaming in the morning sun.

__________________
Click here to visit my blog.
Ana's Zambia Journey blog link: https://zambiajourney.blogspot.com/