Tuesday 13 August 2019

Care for the body and the soul

Muli shani!
Greetings from Mindolo, Kitwe, and the United Church of Zambia University.

Prayer for today:  for health care--the providers and recipients--throughout Zambia.


Wondering what I will encounter should I be taken ill, I visit the Sick Bay here on campus.  The Staff Nurse I have met already at church, as she is an active member of Women's Christian Fellowship.  She welcomes me and gladly offers me a tour...


Supplies are minimal, but cleanliness and readiness are supreme.  A box of fresh medicines had just arrived.
The record system is simple and adequate -- an exercise book for each patient, separated into piles for students (Year 1, 2 or 3; faculty; staff; and additional compound residents, e.g. families).
The sick bay itself looks comfortable and bright.  I'm hoping malaria and flu will stay at bay, but should I need her care, I can look forward to it.




_______________________
Be sure to click here to enjoy more photos and the videos I'm posting. Be patient, as the videos may take a moment. But the bird songs and singing are worth it!
Ana's Zambia Journey blog link: https://zambiajourney.blogspot.com/