Tuesday 10 September 2019

Lost mail

Muli shani! Greetings from Zambia!
Wondering where the letters go?  I am wondering, too.  To date I've received no letters and I'm thinking none of the letters I wrote and posted my first week in Lusaka have arrived in the UK or USA.  It's a mystery.  A new 'E-letter system' is mentioned that has replaced the ordinary mail service, but what that is, I do not know.
This is the central Kitwe Post Office.  The cost to post a letter to the UK is K20, a bit more than £1.  Rather than writing letters, people purchase phone time and talk with Whatsapp. The times they are a changing!

 If I were to receive your letters, which hopefully I will in the next two weeks while I'm at the University, they will be delivered to this bank of postal boxes.




 _______________________
Click here to enjoy more photos and the videos I'm posting. 
Ana's Zambia Journey blog link: https://zambiajourney.blogspot.com/