Wednesday 2 October 2019

Looking ahead from a UK-perspective

Muli shani! Greetings from Salisbury, United Kingdom!

I arrived safely in Salisbury last night after a 24-hour trip via Dubai.  Gratefully, the sun has been shining today -- rain forcast for tomorrow.  Tod and I both have left part of our hearts in Zambia.

This Sunday we celebrate World Communion Sunday (started in 1938 by the Presbyterian Church) with a Zambian version of Psalm 37, a United Church of Zambia table cloth on the communion table and Zambian baskets for serving the bread.

Salisbury URC
Andover URC
I will be sharing a story from Zambia as I preach on the environment and the urgency of our response to the disastrous state of so much of our beloved world.

I'll be continuing with posts in the weeks ahead.  Spending 2 weeks at Westminster College in November will make sure of that.  I would be interested to find out who has been reading the blog, just out of curiosity.  So, if you have time, please drop me a line through the form in the right-hand panel.

Now I look forward to the arrival of Thandiwe and Cora on Sunday.  The week ahead will be filled with playing in our garden, walking to nearby Victoria Park to swing and slide, and swimming at the local leisure centre.  Life's rhythms alter and change, but gratefully are always filled with those we love -- family and friends.

 _______________________
Click here to enjoy more photos and the videos I have posted while in Zambia.
Ana's Zambia Journey blog link: https://zambiajourney.blogspot.com/